I know that 2017 has been around for a while now so this post will seem rather late, but I did post this photo to Instagram at the beginning of January. Basically, one of my new year’s resolutions was to read more. When I was younger, all I did was read. I’d get through a book a day during the summer – rereading my favourites more times I can count. Although I know I’ll never reach that level on constant reading again (because of shitty and boring adult stuff my life is now full of), I would like to commit to reading books again. Here are my picks –
- We Were Liars – E.Lockhart. (I’ve actually finished this book now and thinking of posting a review since I loved it so much)
- The Perks Of Being A Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky. (I first read this book when I was 15, but I really want to read it again because I’ve honestly forgot what happened)
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald. (My current read which is sadly taking me ages to finish because of Uni essays)
- Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn. (Loved the film, thought I’d jump on the band-wagon)
- A Work In Progress – Connor Franta. (Thought I’d throw a non-fiction book into the mix. Plus, the design and photography in this book is gorgeous and hopefully will give me some inspiration)
I’m considering this selection as the bare minimum and hopefully I’ll get through more than 5 books, but it’s a good place to start I think.